Summer is fast approaching, and we are all stuck at home, still! It was when Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebrations were on and I decided to try this recipe, a homage to Indian and Mexican cuisine, both beautiful and rich in their culinary offerings! This is a great dish to cook together along with your family, and be creative. Just like you, I am a lover of food, and I try out new things from time to time, so enjoy!
TANDOORI TACOS (serves 3-4)
1 medium-size red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup tamarind chutney, store-bought
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 limes, sliced in quarters
1/2 bottle of Rupen's Tandoori Marinade
1 cauliflower, peeled and florets cut in 4 inch cubes
1 bunch cilantro, rinsed, then, roughly chopped along with the stalk
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup water
2 cups plain whole milk Greek yogurt, whisked
1 English cucumber, minced/shredded
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, add tandoori marinade to cauliflower, mix.
- Line up cauliflower pieces on skewers and place them on a half sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cauliflower looks slightly charred. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, as the cauliflower is baking, prepare the Cucumber Raita by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- In a blender, add the Green Chutney ingredients and blend. Set aside in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower pieces have cooled, shred each piece and place it in a bowl.
- Have all the various components of the tacos ready.
- Warm each taco directly on a gas flame for about 1 minute (30 seconds on each side), and flipping them every 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Pick one tortilla, place 2 Tablespoons of cauliflower in the center, then sprinkle some sliced onions, cilantro, tamarind chutney (1 teaspoon), green chutney (1 teaspoon), and dollop with Cucumber Raita. Fold and enjoy!
- Repeat the same process with the other tortillas, and serve immediately.