2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 medium white onion, diced
1 Tablespoon sea salt
2 cups peeled and diced Yukon Gold potatoes
1 carrot, peeled and diced
1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon curry powder
3 cups vegetable stock
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
4 Tablespoons creme fraiche OR sour cream, for garnish
- In a 4 qt Dutch oven over medium heat, add oil, onions and salt. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, spinach, pepper, curry powder. Mix. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring once every minute.
- Add vegetable stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Carefully spoon the soup into a blender and blitz for one minute.
- Return the soup back to the pot over medium heat. Add butter, and stir.
- Remove from heat and serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Leave a comment