YouTube Video Recipe: CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped in 2-inch cubes
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
1 Tablespoon sunflower oil
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup finely chopped red onion (½ large red onion, approximately)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon finely chopped, peeled garlic
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 Tablespoon ground paprika
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves
1 cup tomato puree
Salt to taste
2 Tablespoons whipping cream
¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- Pre-heat oven at 400 F.
- Mix chicken pieces with the 'Marinade' ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Place chicken pieces on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pieces are slightly charred on the top. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- In a 3-qt saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions and sauté until light brown. Stir once every minute.
- Add ginger and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes. Stir once every minute.
- Add turmeric, paprika, cayenne, garam masala, and fenugreek leaves. Cook for minutes, stirring once every minute.
- Add tomato puree, mix. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked tandoori chicken tikkas, salt, ½ cup of water. Mix. Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add heavy whipping cream and cilantro. Mix. Serve.