Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RupenDC
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/rupenrao
YouTube link to this recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltv5quAtI9k
I had this sandwich in Dijon, France. I have been in love with this sandwich, and our line of chutney is coming out soon, and the first one will be Mango Chutney! It is a perfect combination of sweetness and sourness from the mangoes and just a little spice from the chutney that makes this sandwich special.
2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
2 Tablespoons olive oil and a little extra to brush the grill
1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly cracked
1 teaspoon of sea salt
4 slices brioche or any bread that you prefer
1 yellow mango, peeled and cut in thin slices
2 Tablespoons mango chutney, preferably Rupen’s Mango Chutney (Launji)
3-4 pieces of kale or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Preheat the indoor grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, split the chicken breasts into half (lengthwise) and place it in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix. Set aside.
- When the grill is hot, brush the grill with little oil.
- Carefully place chicken breasts on the grill and cook for 7 minutes.
- Using a pair of tongs, flip the chicken (it should be easy to remove from the grill since they are cooked by now) and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and set aside to cool completely.
- Prepare the sandwich by applying mango chutney on 2 slices of bread (on one side only).
- Place kale/lettuce leaves on the applied mango chutney side of the bread, place mango pieces, and finally place 1 piece of cooked chicken breast. Cover with the other slices of bread to form a sandwich. Serve.
Leave a comment