Indulge in a taste of the tropics with this Chicken and Pineapple Curry with Broccoli & Brown Rice, featuring succulent chicken pieces bathed in a rich and aromatic sauce. Infused with the vibrant flavors of Rupen's Konkan Curry Sauce, boasting hints of lime and coconut, this dish transports you to a tropical paradise even in the midst of winter, making every bite a warm and flavorful escape.
6 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 bottle of Rupen's Konkan Curry Sauce (or any other curry sauce of your choice)
6 slices of canned pineapple in syrup, drained and cut into big slices
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
For the Brown Rice:
2 cups brown rice
4 cups water
Salt to taste
For Steamed Broccoli:
2 cups broccoli florets
Prepare Brown Rice:
- Rinse the brown rice under cold water until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan, combine the rinsed brown rice, water, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until the rice is tender and water is absorbed.
Prepare Steamed Broccoli:
- Steam the broccoli florets until they are tender yet crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
Prepare Chicken Curry:
- Heat peanut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger, sauté for another 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned on all sides.
- Pour in the chicken broth and Rupen's Konkan Curry Sauce. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add pineapple slices and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors meld.
- Spoon the brown rice onto plates and top with the chicken curry.
- Add a portion of steamed broccoli on the side.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Enjoy your flavorful and tropical Chicken and Pineapple Curry with Broccoli & Brown Rice!