Tapioca is quite popular in India. It is made from a gum of a tree. Usually eaten for breakfast, Tapioca can be had during fasting periods. When fasting, Hindus do not eat grains or legumes, and hence tapioca along with potatoes and spices is a perfect meal. Enjoy!
YouTube: Pineapple Lamb Kebabs
1 pineapple, cut in half, peeled, and chop one half in 3 inch cubes and chop the dice the other half of the pineapple
1 lb lamb shoulder, chopped in 2 inch cubes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground hot paprika
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
4 Tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups cooked basmati rice
- In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients except pineapple. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Pre-heat a grill pan over medium heat. Skewer lamb and large pineapple cubes alternately on skewers.
- Place the skewers on grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side, a total of 12 minutes. Baste the skewers with leftover marinade.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan over medium heat, pour remaining marinade and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add diced pineapple pieces, and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add cooked rice and cilantro. Toss, remove from heat and set aside.